1741 St. Simons Island Map
This map appears as an inset map on R.W. Seale’s 1741 map of Georgia. Shown on the southern tip of the island is Britain’s Fort St. Simon. To the north, on the western side of the island, is Fort Frederica. Here, James Oglethorpe and his British regiment were stationed. Connecting the two posts is a dirt trail known as the Military Road.
Color and ships (to portray Spanish invasion in July 1742) added by Ed Jackson.