- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Myricks Mill
- Location: Liberty Hill Church on Myricks Mill Rd 5 miles N of US 80
This old mill has been in operation in the same building for at least 150 years. In 1825 on his visit to Georgia, Marquis de LaFayette stopped here and found this mill grinding corn and making unbolted flour. As soon as he reached a city market, he sent back a piece of silk so the mill could bolt its flour and provide the people of this section with better food. The General’s thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated by the early setters. For a number of recent years this mill has been used only for grinding corn.
143-4 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954