Old Quaker Road
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Quaker Road
- Location: US 1 at stub of Old Quaker Road in north section of Wrens
OLD QUAKER ROAD
The highway crossing here is the Old Quaker Road, one of Georgia's earliest vehicular thoroughfares. It was opened about 1769 to provide a direct way from Savannah, the Colonial capital, to a Quaker settlement centering around Wrightsboro in today's upper McDuffie County. The Quaker Road was one of the longest and most important routes of the Province of Georgia. Much of the original way remains in daily use.
081-5 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 2000