The Old Loyd Place
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: The Old Loyd Place
- Location: Ga 142 at Old Broughton Rd 1/4 mi from Newton County line
THE OLD LOYD PLACE
Gifted to the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences by Robert J. Loyd. Mr. Loyd died on December 31, 1998. Because of his love of this land and wish to honor his ancestors, it was Mr. Loyd’s desire to gift this farm to the University of Georgia as a field station for research and experimentation in biological and related disciplines.
In memory of those who loved and toiled on this farm. The preservation of this land is a tribute to their stewardship of the land and its fruits.
George Washington Loyd 1780 - 1872 James Loyd 1815 - 1854 Robert Lorenzo Loyd 1850-1924 De Witt Willson Loyd 1891-1963