Choose another Topic

Houston County Historical Markers

Flint Electric Membership Corporation


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: Flint Electric Membership Corporation
  • Location: Located at 700 Watson Blvd at Warner Robins Municipal Complex

Flint Electric Membership Corporation provided electrical service to Wellston, Georgia in 1939. Population: about 43 people. In 1943, when the name was changed to Warner Robins, a major commitment was made by Flint EMC to serve the electrical needs of the community. Through the years Flint has taken an active part in the progressive development of the city and together the community and the cooperation have grown. Warner Robins is the largest incorporated area in the United States served by an electric cooperative.

Erected 1985 Flint Electric Membership Corporation