- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Shoal Creek
- Location: Located at the old school, now a fire station, on GA 77 just north of Shoal Creek Rd.
Shoal Creek consolidated school was created in 1924. Grades one through nine were taught in a new brick building completed in 1925. It replaced Thomasville, Old Shoal Creek, and Parkertown Schools. Additional pupils came from Viola and Rock Springs. The auditorium, shop, and cannery housed sports, drama, and programs in agriculture and home economics. A teacherage was located nearby. The school building burned in 1951 and was rebuilt only to be closed in 1956.
Hart Historical Society 2006