- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Redwine Church
- Location: 3548 Redwine Church Rd, Canon
Redwine Church was apparently founded prior to 1800 & named after Jacob R. Redwine, Revolutionary soldier born in Pa. who moved here from N.C. This is the 4th church, built in 1906. The first was a log cabin several hundred yards west near the old cemetery in which lies Maj. Nathaniel Durkee, hero of the Revolutionary Battle of Kettle Creek. Lorenzo Dow noted Methodist preacher, once spoke here. Laid in & about this Church are many scenes in “The Circuit Rider’s Wife” by Corra Harris, wife of Rev. Lundy Harris, who was preacher here in 1887 when he married.
073-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954