- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Goldmine
- Location: 5298 Airline-Goldmine Road, Canon
Goldmine Consolidated School was created by the combination of Sandy Grove and Old Goldmine Schools in 1924. It’s size was augmented by Duncan’s pupils when the school was closed in the early 1930s. Grades one through nine were taught in a new brick building, to which an auditorium for vocational instruction, sports, drama, and assembly was added later. The cannery and shop served both the school and the community. A teacherage was built nearby. The gym was destroyed by a tornado in 1944 and not rebuilt. Goldmine closed in 1956, the students being divided between Eagle Grove and Vanna.
Hart County Historical Society 2007