Valley of Hope
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Valley of Hope
- Location: Ga 116, .4 miles west of Pine Mountain Valley Post Office
VALLEY OF HOPE
Pine Mountain Valley, Georgia was begun in November 1934 under the administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt and his New Deal plan. It was conceived as a pilot community relief project to provide an escape from the effects of the Great Depression. Situated on this land was the administration building for the coordination of the Pine Mountain Valley Development Project. Victims of the Great Depression were resettled here in an effort to develop a sense of security, while providing facilities to produce and opportunities to supplement their income through agricultural and industrial activities.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND THE MRS. O’NEAL’S ODYSSEY CLASS MULBERRY CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL 2002