Chipley-Pine Mountain, Georgia
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Chipley-Pine Mountain, Georgia
- Location: Commerce Avenue, Pine Mountain
CHIPLEY-PINE MOUNTAIN, GEORGIA
Chipley was incorporated on December 9, 1882 following the extension of the Columbus and Rome Railroad one mile north of the village of Hood. Old Hood was the predecessor of Chipley. Chipley was named after Colonel W. D. Chipley, a partner in the promotion of the railroad. The name was changed to Pine Mountain on February 19, 1958, after publicity generated by nearby Callaway Gardens established the location of this public garden and resort at Pine Mountain.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION J.J. JAXON CO. - EUFALA, AL, 1980