Bethany Baptist Church (Side 2)
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Bethany Baptist Church (Side 2)
- Location: 285 Bethany Church Road (off Ga 18) just west of Pine Mountain
BETHANY BAPTIST CHURCH (Continued from other side)
The current Bethany was built in 1847. It is a small vernacular building in front gable form. An attached annex, added in 1972, replicated the form of the church. The interior retains beaded board walls and ceilings. Electricity was installed in the church during a revival in 1939, replacing four original oil lamps. The church has 23 memorial stained glass windows installed in 1962 and 1963. The adjacent cemetery contains graves dating from 1847 to the present. The church has also served as a school and farmers’ grange. Bethany has been in continuous use as a church since its organization in 1828.
ERECTED BY THE HISTORIC CHATTAHOOCHEE COMMISSION AND FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF HUBERT CHAMPION (1913-2007) BETHANY MEMBER FOR 77 YEARS