Choose another Topic

Hall County Historical Markers

The Flowery Branch Depot


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: The Flowery Branch Depot
  • Location: Railroad Avenue and Main Street, Flowery Branch

The Flowery Branch Depot

Cotton, leather and furniture, as well as manufactured items from the region passed through these walls, as did passengers during its working years (c.1890-1970s) as a Richmond & Danville Railroad and Southern Railway System Depot. Sold to the City of Flowery Branch for $1.00 in 1972, the building was later rehabilitated with Federal Transportation Enhancement Funding through the Georgia Department of Transportation, and moved from its original site directly across Railroad Ave. (RR property), to this location, 5302 Railroad Ave. (original site of the Carlisle General Merchandising Building, now City Property).

In 2001, the rehabilitated building was dedicated to its new use as a museum and community center. The Depot both educates citizens and gives a special identity to the historic Main Street displaying its significance to Georgia’s railroad and town development history.

Presented September 2009 by: Friends of the Depot, Flowery Branch, Georgia, Inc. Flowery Branch Better Hometown, Inc. Flowery Branch Historic Preservation Commission