Choose another Topic

Gwinnett County Historical Markers

Passenger Coach No. 3780


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: Passenger Coach No. 3780
  • Location: Railroad Museum off US 23 in Duluth

PASSENGER COACH No. 3780

This all-steel passenger coach was built for Southern Railway Systems by the Bethlehem Steel Corporation in 1924. It has a seating capacity of 72. Withdrawn from service in 1959 for presentation by the Southern Railway Systems to this rail transportation museum, it represents the transition from the wooden coaches of earlier days to the luxurious streamlined passenger coaches of today.

ATLANTA CHAPTER, NATIONAL RAILWAY HISTORICAL SOCIETY - 1960