Choose another Topic

Grady County Historical Markers

Grady County


  • Source: Keith Hair
  • Marker: Grady County
  • Location: Grady County Courthouse, Cairo

GRADY COUNTY

“Original Diversified Farming County of Southeast”

Established January 1, 1906

The Courthouse and County Jail were built in 1908

and the county was organized under the general supervision

of the following first Board of County Commissioners:

Walter B. Roddenbery, Chairman; L.L. Barwick, Henry

Mitchell, J.L. Peebles and J.M. Sasser; M.L. Ledford,

County Attorney; Alexander Blair, Architect;

J.B. Carr Co., Contractor

Elevation above sea level, 265 feet

Latitude 30.53; Longitude 84.12

Average Temperature 67.5°

065-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL MARKER 1996