Old Sonora P.O. Now Sonoraville
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Sonora P.O. Now Sonoraville
- Location: Ga 53 at the crossroads in Sonoraville
OLD SONORA P.O. NOW SONORAVILLE
May 18, 1864. Maj. Gen. J. D. Coxss (3d) Div., 23d A. C. [USA] marching S. from Field’s Mill, Coosawattee River, via Cash, took the direct rd. to Sonora. Moving S. 4 mi., the div. turned W. on the Fairmount-Adairsville rd. to Mosteller’s Mills (near Folsom), where it camped that night.
Hovey’s & Judah’s divisions marched from the Phillip’s farm (Dew’s Lake, near Cash) on the direct road to Mosteller’s, where they were joined by Cox’s division.
Schofield’s 23d Corps [USA] was the left flank of Sherman’s army moving S. from Resaca, on a wide front, toward Cassville and Kingston.
064-26 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1959