New Echota Ferry
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: New Echota Ferry
- Location: On Ga 225 at New Echota parking area NE of Calhoun
NEW ECHOTA FERRY
The head of the Oostanaula River is formed 200 yards northeast by the confluence of the Coosawatte and the Conasauga Rivers. The passage of travelers and freight along the Tennssee Road was served at this point by a ferry operated by the Cherokee Indians, principally by Alexander McCoy from 1819 through 1835.
064-31 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1962