Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Ebenezer Baptist Church
- Location: Ga 52 ten miles east of Ellijay
EBENEZER BAPTIST CHURCH
This church was established August 24, 1839 by 7 people (Samuel B. West, his wife, Nancy; Jacob Bearden, his wife, Winey; Wm. Kimzey, his wife Rebecca; John Pettit), while some Indians remained in this area. First officers were: Able Miles, pastor; J.D. Chastain, clerk; Robert Kincaid, treasurer; Samuel B. West, deacon. Attendance was stressed. At each service the clerk called the roll and any absence was checked carefully for cause. Among early pastors were Able Miles, Samuel B. West, William Kimzey, J.D. Chastain, James Adams, Jacob Cantrell, D. Blythe, and R. Jordan.
061-5 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957