- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: “The Storyteller”
- Location: Located at intersection of Peachtree, Roswell and Paces Ferry Roads, Atlanta
“The Storyteller” Frank Fleming, Sculptor
Local lore has recorded that in 1838 a hunter hung a deer’s head at about this location in front of Irby’s Tavern. The Henry Irby family owned 803 surrounding acres and the area was designated Irbyville on maps at that time. People started identifying the area by the buck’s head and the community then changed its name to Buckhead.
Is was annexed into the City of Atlanta in 1952. It now has official boundaries of twenty-eight square miles as designated by the Atlanta Regional Commission.
“The Storyteller” is sharing this information with its circle of small animal friends.
This City Park, Buckhead Triangle, is a product primarily of the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation.