- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Stevenson’s Division
- Location: Dutch Valley Rd at Monroe Dr, Atlanta
A point in the intrenched line held by General Carter L. Stevenson’s div. of the Cheatham’s (formerly Hood’s) A.C. [Confederate] - a sector of Atlanta’s outer defense line, July 18-22, 1864.
Stevenson’s troops were on the right of Bate’s div. (Hardee’s A.C.), [Confederate] which rested on Clear Creek at Walker’s (or Jones’) Mill near N. end of Piedmont Park. Bate’s troops led off in the attack on Federal forces northward, in the Battle of Peachtree Creek, July 20, a battle confined to the west side of Clear Creek.
Cheatham held this sector as a barrier to Federal forces N. & E. until ordered to withdraw to defenses nearer the city, July 22.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION