Shadnor Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Shadnor Baptist Church
- Location: Westbrook Rd (across tracks from US 29), Union City
SHADNOR BAPTIST CHURCH
Organized in 1840 as the New Hope Baptist Church; named changed to Shadnor, 1853. The original log structure that stood a short distance N. of present one, was a prominent landmark during the foray of Federal forces to cut the West Point R. R. in this vicinity, & the Macon R. R. at & near Jonesboro – August 1864. On the 28th & 29th, several miles of the A. & W. P. R. R. were destroyed as was Shadnor Baptist Church.
On August 30, 31, the Federal armies moved E. towards Jonesboro; Howard’s Army of the Tenn., from Shadnor via Bethsaida Ch.; the 14th A.C. from Red Oak via Shoal Creek Ch.; the 4th and 23d from Red Oak to Rough and Ready.
060-169 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958