Choose another Topic

Fulton County Historical Markers

Rhodes Hall - Le Reve


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: Rhodes Hall - Le Reve
  • Location: 1516 Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta

Rhodes Hall - Le Reve

Atlanta philanthropist and businessman Amos Giles Rhodes built Le Reve (The Dream) on his 114-acre estate in 1904. Designed by Atlanta architect Willis F. Denny II, the house is constructed of Stone Mountain granite and is distinguished by its early use of electricity and stained glass windows depicting the rise and fall of the Confederacy. In 1929, Mr. Rhodes’ heirs deeded the house to the State to be used for historical purposes. Renamed “Rhodes Memorial Hall,” it operated as the State Archives building until 1965. It became the headquarters of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation in 1983.

2000.16
Erected by the Georgia Historical Society and the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation

60-1