R.J. Webb Building
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: R.J. Webb Building
- Location: Corner of Milton Avenue and Highway 9, Alpharetta
R.J. WEBB BUILDING 1907
R.J. Webb built the two-story brick Webb Hotel, later known as the Alpharetta Hotel. The hotel lobby fronted Milton Avenue. Hotel residents included Milton County court attendees and school teachers. Businesses that faced Main Street included Norman and Trammell General Merchants, U.S. Post Office, Alpharetta Bank, Gordon’s Department Store, Talmage Burgess Grocery and many others. The hotel operated until the building was razed in the early 1970s.