Palmer’s & Hooker’s A.C.
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Palmer’s & Hooker’s A.C.
- Location: West Paces Ferry Rd. at River Forest Rd. in Atlanta
PALMER’S & HOOKER’S A.C. CROSS THE CHATTAHOOCHEE
July 17. 1864. Wood’s 4th A.C. div. moved S. to this point from Power’s Fy. (3 mi. N.) to cover the crossing of Palmer’s 14th A.C. Hooker’s 20th, followed the 14th on the 2 pontoon bridges at the site of old Pace’s Ferry, a short distance above the present bridge.
Aug. 26. Most of Sherman’s forces having been shifted from the Atlanta front to Jonesboro, the 20th A.C. was posted along the river to guard bridges. Geary’s 2nd div. was in this sector – Ireland’s brigade astride the road. Here, Aug. 27, Gen. Henry W. Slocum took over the command of the 20th Corps
060-24B GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1988