- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Oliver-Waters-McCollum Warehouses
- Location: 20 Milton Avenue, Alpharetta
OLIVER-WATERS-McCOLLUM WAREHOUSES circa 1910
Originally the three buildings faced the National Highway, now Old Roswell Road, which was the main road from Roswell to Dahlonega. A brick facade was added in the 1970s. In 1909, John A. Oliver constructed the two-story Oliver warehouse. The first story held offices for Alpharetta Free Press, a federal government cotton allotment office, and Dr. W.W. Phillips. The second story was used for Odd Fellows Lodge and later Alpharetta Masonic Lodge 235. Prior to 1914, D.P. Waters constructed the Waters warehouse, a concrete two-story building, which connected the Oliver and McCollum structures. In the 1940s, it became a chenille factory. The McCollum warehouse was built around 1909. Tenants included a Star Buggy dealer, a Ford automobile dealership and Peavey’s store. The only known elevator in Milton County was installed here and still exists.