Old Williams Mill Rd.
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Williams Mill Rd.
- Location: Briarcliff Rd. between St. Charles Pl. and St. Augustine Pl. in Atlanta
OLD WILLIAMS MILL RD.
The old Williams Mill Rd. crossed the Fulton-DeKalb Co. line here; it was identical with Briarcliff to this point where it continued S.W., crossing Highland at North Avenue.
July 20, 1864. The Fed. 23d A.C., having camped on the Paden plantation (Emory Univ.), moved to the Williams Mill Road – the left of its intrenched line, held by Hascall’s div. in the area where Druid Hills M.E. Church stands.
The 23d A.C. faced the outer Confederate defense line along Highland Ave., & when that line was abandoned early the 22d, the corps advanced S.W. to the Augustus Hurt plantation on the old Williams Mill Road.
060-78 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956