Old Montgomery Fy. Rd.
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Montgomery Fy. Rd.
- Location: 28th St. and Wycliff Rd., Atlanta
OLD MONTGOMERY FY. RD.
A section of the old Montgomery Ferry Road ran N.W. from Geo. W. Collier’s house (Land Lot 104) & crossed Peachtree Road (below Palisades). This point, on the old rd. is S.W. of the site of the war-time house of Andrew J. Collier which stood until recent years.
Brig. Gen. Clement H. Stevens, [Confederate] commanding a brigade, Walker’s div., Hardee’s A.C. was killed near this spot while ordering the withdrawal of his troops after an unsuccessful assault on Federal forces posted on the high ground north of Collier Road – in the Battle of Peachtree Creek, July 20, 1864
060-84 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956