Old Campbell County
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Old Campbell County
- Location: Old Campbell County Courthouse, Fairburn
OLD CAMPBELL COUNTY
This was the Courthouse of Campbell County at the
time it was merged with Fulton County Jan. 1, 1932.
When the County was created by Acts of the Legislature
Dec. 20 & 22, 1828, the site was at Campbellton on the
Chattahoochee but it was moved to Fairburn in 1870.
The county was named for Col. Duncan C. Campbell,
one of the signers of the Treaty made at Indian
Springs in 1825 by which the Creeks ceded much
of the land that later made up Campbell County.
Among the first County Officers were: Sheriff
Nathaniel Nickolson; Clerk of Superior Court
Littleberry Watts; Clerk of Inferior Court Gambril
White; Coroner Isaac Calhoun and Surveyor
060-24A GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1955