- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Moore’s Mill
- Location: Moore's Mill Rd east of Peachtree Creek, Atlanta
300 yds. downstream stood the structures of Moore’s Mill - a sash-sawmill &, lower down, a gristmill connected by a flume with a dam which impounded the waters of Peachtree and Woodall creeks; the ford was below the dam.
Thomas Moore (1828-1914) built the mills, 1854. Burned during a political upheaval about 1858; rebuilt & were in operation until 1901. With the advent of the Federal army, 1864, the Moore family refugeed south. B.F. Mauldin was left in charge of the gristmill which was supplying the Confederate forces; the invaders sent him N. - a prisoner. The property was considerably damaged but not destroyed.
060-64 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956