- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Mansell House
- Location: 1835 0ld Milton Parkway, Alpharetta
MANSELL HOUSE 1910
The Mansell House was built by Robert Mansell of South Carolina for his wife, Maude Dorris. It is a Queen Anne-style clapboard farm house built from pine trees located on the site. It has heart pine floors, 12-foot ceilings, and a fireplace in each of its six rooms. One of Robert and Maude’s children, Earl Mansell and his wife Lillian Shirley Mansell, raised their four sons in the house. The Mansells were primarily cotton farmers. The house originally was situated on the family farm located in old Milton County where the present day Mansell Road now exists. It was donated by the Herman Miller Company to the Alpharetta Historical Society and moved to its current location in 1993.