- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Manning Mercantile
- Location: 20 N. Main Street, Alpharetta
MANNING MERCANTILE circa 1910
James H. and Thomas H. Manning operated Manning Mercantile store in a wood building that burned in 1902. It was replaced by a one-story brick building, which later housed the U.S. Post Office, Bates Grocery, Cowart Shoe Shop, Cook Shoe Shop, and the Alpharetta Welcome Center. A second story, added in the 1990s, preserved many of the original features of the building.