- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Loring’s Hill
- Location: Trabert Ave just east of Northside Dr , Atlanta
July 20, 1864. The high hill, within the forks of Tanyard Branch, was occupied by troops of Maj. Gen. W.W. Loring’s div. of Stewart’s A.C. [Confederate].
From this hill & a sector W. of it, Scott’s & Featherston’s brigades, of Loring’s division, advanced N.E. to attack the Federal 20th A.C. astride Tanyard Branch at Collier Mill. Featherston’s route was identical with the present Seaboard R.R.; Scott’s, at the left, on the rollomg & wooded terrain west of it.
This position is on Atlanta’s outer defense line, which extended from Casey’s Hill (near the river) 5.75 mi. eastward to Highland Ave. & southward 3 mi. to Leggett’s Hill, East Atlanta.
060-61 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1991