- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Lewis-Manning House
- Location: 40 Cumming Street, Alpharetta
LEWIS-MANNING HOUSE 1895
Colonel Tom Lewis, an Atlanta Attorney, built the five-bedroom Queen Anne-style house from bricks made in the pasture behind the house. There are rock foundations under each room. The inside walls are 12 inches thick, there are fireplaces in every room, and the floors are of heart pine. The house was occupied by Tom H. Manning, his brother James H., and his sister Annie from 1905-1953. Alpharetta Mayor Sim Manning and his wife, Sarah Payne Manning, moved into the house in 1948 where they raised their three children.