Land Lot 104
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Land Lot 104
- Location: West Peachtree Street behind WSB Broadcasting Co., Atlanta
LAND LOT 104
The area E. (L. L. 104, 17th Dist.), long known as Collier’s Woods, was part of the ante-bellum plantation of George W. Collier (1813-1903).
Clear Creek P.O. (1831-1839), probably in this land lot, was named for the stream flowing across it; old Montgomery Fy. Rd. traversed it.
July 18, 1864. Near its S. boundary, Confederate forces intrenced the outer Atlanta defense line from which, July 20, the troops of Walker’s & Bate’s divisions of Hardee’s Corps [Confederate] advanced N. to attack Federal forces posted near Collier Rd., in the Battle of Peachtree Creek – a conflict that was confined entirely to the area west of Clear Creek.
060-83 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956