Howard’s 4th A.C. Line
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Howard’s 4th A.C. Line
- Location: Northside Dr at Mt Vernon Highway, Sandy Springs
HOWARD’S 4TH A.C. LINE
These troops [US], having crossed the river at & near Power’s Ferry July 12, 13, 1864, occupied an intreenched line on this ridge facing S.E. until the 18th - the rt. resting on the river, the left near Crossroads Church. Stanley’s & Newton’s men built a trestle bridge at the island July 14, 16, to replace the pontoon required at Pace’s Ferry.
July 17, Wood’s div. left this line & marched 3 mi. S. to Pace’s Ferry to cover the crossing of the 14th A.C. from Cobb County side. Wood’s route to & from Pace’s was in the difficult terrain between the river & Mt. Paran Road; the division returning that evening.
GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION