Choose another Topic

Fulton County Historical Markers

Historic Roswell Square


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: Historic Roswell Square
  • Location: Roswell Town Square (intersection of Ga. 120 and Ga. 9) in Roswell

HISTORIC ROSWELL SQUARE BICENTENNIAL RESTORATION PROJECT

FOR YEARS CALLED “THE PARK,” THIS AREA WAS SET ASIDE BY ROSWELL’S FOUNDERS. PRESENT WALKS DUPLICATE ORIGINAL PATHS. PRESIDENT THEODORE ROOSEVELT SPOKE HERE FROM A BANDSTAND IN 1905. HISTORIC ROSWELL SQUARE BICENTENNIAL RESTORATION PROJECT (BANDSTAND AND FOUNTAIN) WAS DEDICATED BY SENATOR HERMAN E. TALMADGE, JULY 4, 1976.

CITY OF ROSWELL W.L. MABRY, JR., MAYOR

COUNCILMEN LUTHER S. COLBERT

HAROLD E. SMITH RALPH DELONG

DON WHITE WINSTON L. DOBBS

FRANK M. WILBANKS

WILBUR K. AVERA, CITY ADMINISTRATOR G.W. JOHNSON, DIRECTOR PARKS AND RECREATION

ROSWELL BICENTENNIAL COMMITTEE ROSE A. POLATTE, CHAIRMAN JANET T. RUSSELL, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FRANCES MCGAFEE, TREASURER JOYCE DOW, SECRETARY