Harrow’s Div. 15th A.C.
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Harrow’s Div. 15th A.C.
- Location: 1116 Boulevard Dr. in Atlanta
HARROW’S DIV. 15TH A.C.
July 22, 1864. Harrow’s 4th div. (composed of Walcutt’s, Oliver’s & Williams’ brigades), 15th A.C. [Union] occupied this sector between Leggett’s Hill & the Ga. R.R., which was the outer Confederate line until abandoned that morning.
When Coltart’s & Benton’s brigades of Brown’s div., Cheatham’s A.C. [Confed.] assaulted this sector, Oliver’s & Williams’ troops gave way under a like pressure that broke Morgan Smith’s line at the railroad, only to return at Harrow’s command & re-possess it in a resurgent wave that restored it & the broke section northward. This action is pictured in the Cyclorama of the Battle of Atlanta in Grant Park.
060-102 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1956