Choose another Topic

Fulton County Historical Markers

Harrison’s Brigade


  • Source: David Seibert
  • Marker: Harrison’s Brigade
  • Location: Collier Rd. at Redland Rd., Atlanta

HARRISON’S BRIGADE

The 5 regts. of Col. Benjamin Harrison’s brigade of Ward’s div. (20th A.C.) [Union] were N. of this ridge when the Confederate attack in this sector was made. The brigade was moved forward in support of Geary’s line & deployed astride Tanyard Branch – 2 regiments west of Collier’s Mill; the other 3 east of it.

Scott’s [Confederate] assaulting line was broken by Geary’s artillery fire; the left of the brigade attempting to seize the guns while the right was diverted to the eastward of Tanyard Branch, where its threat to outflank both Harrison & Geary failed for lack of numbers.

Benjamin Harrison was the 23d President, U.S.

060-40A GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1955