- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: East Point
- Location: Main St just N of Cleveland St by MARTA tracks, East Point
East Point owes its origins to an 1847 Act incorporatiNG the Atlanta & LaGrange RR (now Atlanta & West Point). The charter stated its eastern terminus should be at a convenient point on the Macon & Western RR (now Central of Georgia) between “the City of Griffin and the Town of Atlanta.” This exact spot is marked by a bronze disk set in a short concrete post.
East Point’s charter, approved Aug. 10, 1887, established the limits of the town from this point - North 3/4 mi., South 5/8 mi., East and West 1/2 mi., forming a parallelogram 1 3/8 mi. long (N & S) and 1 mi. wide (E & W).
060-118 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957