- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Dodd Hotel
- Location: 120 Milton Avenue, Alpharetta
DODD HOTEL circa 1870
Dodd Hotel was owned by James Madison Dodd, a businessman and Milton County Constable. He was born in 1828 and died in 1895. Dodd operated a livery stable and barn on the north side of Dodd Hotel Street, now Milton Avenue. The hotel boarded cotton traders, drummers, court attendees and teachers. The two-story frame building was surrounded by flower and vegetable gardens. Dodd’s wife, Sara Ann, prepared meals for the guests. Their daughter, Minnie Olivia, worked in the hotel and died in 1936. The hotel operated until the 1940s.