- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Collier’s Mill
- Location: Collier Rd at Redland Rd, Atlanta
150 ft. down stream, on the right bank of Tanyard Branch, stood an ante-bellum grist mill built & operated by Andrew J. Collier, pioneer resident of this area. (1827-1887)
A notable landmark at the time of the Battle of Peachtree Creek – July 20, 1864.
It stood, not only at the center of Federal troop alignment along Collier Rd., but was the storm-center of the conflict that raged here, since the stream valley was a strategic approach to the Federal center toward which the Confederate forces (Walthall’s & Loring’s divisions of Stewart’s Corps) made their heaviest attacks.
060-39 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1955