Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
- Location: 69 N. Main Street, Alpharetta
ALPHARETTA FIRST UNITED METHODICT CHURCH circa 1834
The Methodist Church was part of the Forsyth Circuit of the Cherokee District. Methodist camp meetings were held near this spot in the early 1830s, and there was a meeting house as early as 1834. On April 1, 1871, Isham Teasley, one of the original Milton County Inferior Court Justices, donated land on which the brick chapel now stands. At that time, there was already a church building on the property. This building may have been the white frame church, known to have stood on this site until 1931 which was replaced with the current brick chapel. The church parsonage lot, purchased in 1882, was across North Main Street just south of the chapel.