Alpharetta Business District
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Alpharetta Business District
- Location: 1 S. Main Street, Alpharetta
ALPHARETTA BUSINESS DISTRICT
One South Main Street housed a general merchandise store operated by J.A. Oliver until 1920. Later it became Jones Grocery, Lively Grocery and Talmage Burgess Grocery. In the mid 1950s, Phillips Variety Store opened. Three South Main Street has housed drug stores, soda fountains and restaurants. These businesses were owned at different times by the Devore, Mayfield, Waters, Thomas, Shaw, Kirby, Goswick and Reese families. Offices occupied the upstairs. Nine South Main Street was known as Seale Corner. Businesses included Teasley Store, John M. Martin Grocery, John Johnson Store and Moore Store.