Alpharetta Business District
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Alpharetta Business District
- Location: 29 S. Main Street, Alpharetta
ALPHARETTA BUSINESS DISTRICT
Alpharetta was formed in 1858 and soon after, a thriving business district was developed. Many of the businesses had two entrances, with one facing the Milton County Courthouse on Norcross Street, now South Main Street, and the other facing National Highway, now Old Roswell Street. On June 26, 1902, a fire destroyed much of the town. Most of the lost buildings were replaced with brick or stone construction. The businesses were owned and operated by local families whose names are still recognized in Alpharetta today.