Hebron Presbyterian Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Hebron Presbyterian Church
- Location: Ga 59 near the Banks County line
HEBRON PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH 2 mi.
Hebron Presbyterian Church was organized in 1796 by Rev. John Newton, a native of Pennsylvania. Rev. Thomas Newton, a younger brother, was the first pastor. First elders were John McEntire and Samuel Makie, natives of Ireland, and Thomas Mayes and William Fleming, from Pennsylvania. Churches organized out of Hebron were: Carnell (Homer), Mount Hermon (Ila), Harmony, Hartwell, Carnesville, Mayesville, Commerce, Cornelia and Hopewell. Nine ministers have gone out from this Church. The work of the Church is still carried on by the descendents of its founders. The present building was erected in 1884.
059-6 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957