Double Branches Baptist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Double Branches Baptist Church
- Location: Ga 327 at Double Branches Church Rd, NE of Jackson Bridge Rd
DOUBLE BRANCHES BAPTIST CHURCH 1/2 mi.
Constituted in 1801, this church had 19 charter members. First a member of the Sarepta Association, it was one of 13 churches to form the Tugalo Association in 1818. Some members came many miles in wagons and buggies to attend its services. Among the early pastors were John Sandridge, Francis Calloway, John A. Davis, Samuel B. Sanders, John G. York, and W.F. Bowers. Davis and Bowers ” departed the Association because of ladies wearing jewelry, and Free Masonry” to form the “Reformation Church,” a short lived group of churches in this area. This building was erected in 1911.
059-6B GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957