Carroll’s Methodist Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Carroll’s Methodist Church
- Location: Ga 145 2 miles southeast of Carnesville
CARROLL’S METHODIST CHURCH 2 1/2 mi.
Instituted in 1797, this church was named for the William Carroll family, among its first members. Families identified with the church through the years are McWhorters, Osborns, Starrs, Stones, Browns, Burtons, Sewells, Jacksons, Hemphills, Deans, Buffingtons, Cheeks, Mabrys, Turmans, Stricklands, Carsons, Hayes, Greens, Millers and many others. The present building, erected about 1835, was restored in 1951-52 under the leadership of Bishop John H. Baker. Rev. Nelson Osborn (1797-1873) was a lifelong member and minister for many years. A numbers of other well-known Georgia ministers have served the church.
059-3 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1957