- Source: Bob Peavy
- Marker: Zion Church
- Location: Stillwell Road about 2 miles east of Rincon
Near here stood Zion Church, built by the Salzburgers some time before 1744, to serve the colonists who were rapidly settling below Ebenezer and along the road to Savannah. This was one of four Lutheran churches in the area later to be called Parish of St. Matthew.
In connection with Zion church, a regular school was instituted and kept up for many years, as was the rule at all the early churches of the Salzburgers in Georgia
051-8 GEORGIA HISTORIC MARKER 1996