Jerusalem (Ebenezer) Church 6 mi.
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Jerusalem (Ebenezer) Church 6 mi.
- Location: Ga 21 between Rincon and Springfield at Ga 275
JERUSALEM (EBENEZER) CHURCH —6 mi.—>
Built in 1767-69 by Lutheran Protestants who came to Georgia in 1734 after being exiled from Catholic Salzburg in Europe, the Church is officially name Jerusalem Church. It stands on the site of a wooden building probably erected soon after the congregation moved from Old Ebenezer to New Ebenezer in 1738. During the Revolution the British used the Church as a hospital and stable and the metal swan on the belfry still bears a bullet hole. Though the town of Ebenezer no longer exists the Church has an active congregation of about 450 members.
051-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1954