- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Goshen Church
- Location: Ga. 21 about 1 mile north of the Chatham-Effingham County Line
Goshen Church was built about 1751. It was served by the early pastors of the Salzburgers, and later for a short time by the Moravian missionaries. The church remained a part of the Ebenezer Charge until after the Revolutionary War.
In 1820, the methodist Church was organized at Goshen, under the direction of the Rev. James O. Andrew, and was allowed to use the Goshen church edifice. The actual deed to the property was transferred to the Methodist Conference several years later. Among the first members of the Goshen Methodist Church were: David Gougle and his daughters; Mrs. Nowlan, wife of Major Nowlan; Major and Mrs. John Charlton.
The Rev. Lewis Myers moved to Goshen about 1823, and served the methodist Church here for many years.
051-11 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958