Wayfare or Cow Creek Church
- Source: David Seibert
- Marker: Wayfare or Cow Creek Church
- Location: US 129 at Wayfare Rd just south of the Lanier County line
WAYFARE OR COW CREEK CHURCH 200 yd.
About 200 yards West, on this Road, is Wayfare or Cow Creek Baptist Church. The church was constituted in 1847, and the first annual meeting was held in September of that year. The members were: John Roberts, Sr., Edmund Mathis, Harvey Mizell, Rebecca Mizell, John T. Roberts, John Mathis, James Johnson, Simon A. Blackman, Azilpha Tomlinson, Harvey Matthews, Elizabeth Register and Rachael Howell.
Because of the changes in County boundaries, this church, though never moved, has existed in three counties, first in Ware, then in Clinch and now in Echols.
050-2 GEORGIA HISTORICAL COMMISSION 1958